Nav

  Photobucket       Photobucket   Photobucket

Monday, December 13, 2010

Some Floral Layers for the Philly Cold

 
 


 I had this funny phase where I was completely obsessed with owning a fedora. :P Even though the ones I've found are all one size, and my head seems to be slightly small...I still love them! I was also absolutely crazy for these owl knee socks when I saw them at the store. It was amusing listening to the girl behind me in line talking about how creeped out she was by everyone loving owl stuff so much. Oops. What's wrong with owls?! THEY'RE SO CUTE!




Coat: Anne Klein
Fedora: TJ Maxx
Scarf: NY&Company (from my Secret Santa last year!)
Dress: Forever21
Cardigan: Kohl's
Belt: Thrifted
Gloves: Target
Tights: J. Crew
Owl Socks: Forever21
Boots: Target

Happy December everyone! It's been getting colder and colder in Philadelphia these days, and to make it worse, it's getting windier! Earmuffs, hats, scarves, and gloves have become my best friends. I've been trying to make as little bodily contact with the cold air as possible--if only I owned a ski mask so my face could be warm too. :( Some days I have fantasies of wrapping my scarf completely around my head like a mummy. Ridiculous!

Days have been flying by, and I didn't even have time to realize how long it's been since my last update! Things have been really busy here. The weeks after Thanksgiving were packed with assignments, and now it's time for finals. Just one more week to go before the semester's over, which means I'll be headed home for Albuquerque, New Mexico soon (hopefully it'll be warmer there, or at least less windy...) 

It's pretty strange thinking I have homes in two places. I really look forward to going back--it'll be the first time I've been home since last winter break. It'll be fun lounging around the house with my hyper little sisters (they're twins!) and my fobby asian parents. :D I'm excited to FINALLY see my best girl friends who are like sisters to me. I still find myself calling them up at 2 am in the morning to ask for advice or to cry when I've had a rough week. There's something comforting when I hear their voices over the phone. Is that corny? I love them to death. I'm really unconvinced that I could have survived those rough teenage years without them. :) And even if they would tell me otherwise, it wouldn't have been nearly as crazy and beautiful as they made it for me. It's so odd that we're growing up, and I never really get to see the different places they are or where they're going or the new people who are important in their lives. Hopefully winter break will change that, since I'll be meeting and spending time with some of the boys in their lives :D It's exciting also because my boyfriend will be visiting Albuquerque, and we'll get to go on many crazy New Mexican excursions together!

Stay posted for some New Mexican scenery soon! Have a fantastic week! :)

6 comments:

  1. your outfit is so FLIPPIN CUTE

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my....your layers are so adorable. your style is so inspiring! i really want to start doing a few fashion posts (it would help if i got a nice camera first!!). i definitely know i can come here for inspiration.

    :) you're so sweet lovely lady...thank you for that. these pictures are just fabulous!

    xoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment :D
    Your blog is very beauitufl :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute girl! Loving your red coat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i like the pops of colour! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our blog! It means so much and really helps us stay motivated and inspired :)